Saturday, December 12, 2009

Inverting Half-Empty

These days I expect I am far from alone in needing help not infrequently getting my "half full" perspective back. The omnipresence of Dark Things cannot be dodged without access to deep caverns or access to controlled substances or something in that vein. I found this post helpful, in reinvigorating my good news buds and giving me at least a bit of short-lived buzz ("Praise The Lord: We Got Biden (2008), Not Lieberman (2000) or Edwards (2004)"). I was a little suspicious going in, not sharing the author's POV so far as to have stopped mourning the stolen 2000 election. The horrors perpetrated on the world and our nation as a result of that crime are not in the forgettable or forgiveable category for me yet.

Still, M. J. Rosenberg's larger point is well taken - and it offers another chance to choose between half full and half empty. Dems have been making extremely poor choices on many things for ages. Recent stupidities are not something new - though perhaps shocking because for the first time in quite a while they supposedly have the power or numbers to accomplish things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home