Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Netanyahu-foo, Hello Pluto!

It seems increasingly likely that we will look back at 2015 as a watershed year in numerous ways.  I could-a and should-a blogged on a couple recent Supreme Court decisions that were terrifically energizing, to me at least signaling at minimum a PR concern by this conservative-packed court that has often refused to actually be judicial, fair, consistent, or in any way responsive to strong public opinion.

And the revelation that a deal has been closed to clamp down on Iran nuclear weapons development is fabulous.  The multi-nation basis of this agreement is an excellent sign that it will gain UN sanction and survive a desperate, mega-funded campaign in the R congressional ranks to thwart it.  By every measure I can think of, this is an amazing accomplishment in steering Middle East politics away or at least skewed from war-war-war as the republicans want it by President Obama.

Personally, I find it quite an excellent sign that it has Netanyahu wholly flipped out.  On the other hand, having this abominable person, quite likely ranking very high on the psychopath profile, in an emotional state, is probably not a good thing.

And there is more in the way of excellent political news, but I must focus here per my original subject!

I hope I did not earlier in this post use the word "astonishing."  I need it for the news that the New Horizons probe today after almost ten years of flight passed so close to Pluto that we can begin making friends with that remarkably distant sphere, smaller than our Moon and way far out in the Kulper belt orbiting our Sun.  This was apparently the fastest-moving object ever launched from Earth.

I'm sorry, planet or "dwarf planet" is foolish business to me.  This is big-time.

Hi Pluto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home